NJ Sharing Network

At NJ Sharing Network, we have discovered there are so many stories to be told and so much to be shared about organ and tissue donation. This is a place where transplant recipients, donor families, patients waiting for a life-saving transplant, volunteers, NJ Sharing Network staff, community members and advocates can share their insights. To learn more about organ and tissue donation in New Jersey, visit www.NJSharingNetwork.org.


Friday, February 1, 2013

Are you wearing Red today?

Today is National Wear Red Day for Women’s Heart Health and I am super giddy with excitement!  Not only is red my favorite color, as you all know, but having a healthy heart is very important to me. I don’t like to feel sick, so I wouldn’t want any of my girlfriends to be ill either.  Did you know that currently an estimated 43 million women in the United States are affected by heart disease?  That’s 43 million too many in my book!  That’s why I’ve decided that this year I am going to focus on having a healthier lifestyle and I hope you will join me!  We can start off small and work our way up and the best part is that we have our 5K Walk/Race on June 9th to look forward to and we can make it our goal to be in the best shape we can by then.  I can’t think of a better goal, can you?  So let’s start our healthy lifestyle with my first heart-healthy tip: Take the stairs instead of an elevator or escalator at work, school or the mall. Just start with one flight. Soon, you’ll be ready for two!

Ms. Pumps XOXO

Me and my friends at NJ Sharing Network sporting our red today! We're also gearing up for our biggest heart-healthy event - our 5K Walk/Race on June 9th!
Me and my friends at NJ Sharing Network sporting our red today! We’re also gearing up for our biggest heart-healthy event – our 5K Walk/Race on June 9th!

No comments:

Post a Comment